Short Term Loans Online
Up to $5,000, even with Bad Credit
- No Hard Credit Checks
- Flexible Repayment Terms
- Cover your Emergency Money Needs
- Short Term Payday, Installment and Personal Loans
- Bad \ Fair Credit OK
An Overview of Short-Term Online Loans
Who hasn’t ever had a financial emergency? Life is unpredictable. Your car breaks down out of the blue, or you have an unexpected medical or utility bill to cover, and your next paycheck is in two weeks. For these unexpected situations, timing is critical. If your bad credit limits your options, finding the right loan product may be a challenge. Nonetheless, there are options to choose from.
Short-term loans provide easy financing for people with bad credit, to deal with temporary financial challenges. They tend to be approved faster than traditional loans, and the application process is fast and implies no hard credit checks. Loan amounts vary from a couple of hundred dollars up to a few thousand, depending on your state. Your car repair and the bills will no longer be a problem. On top of that, you will pay off your debt shortly.
Types of Short-Term Funding
There are two main types of short-term funding, and you may choose the one that suits you best:
An installment loan is a short-term online personal loan that you take in one lump and repay over a longer period of time. The term of the loan may range from 2 to 24 months, depending on your state regulations. Loan amounts vary depending on your area, too. You can borrow up to $5,000 and access short-term loans even with bad credit. Most lenders only make a soft credit inquiry on your credit history. As a result, you can be approved faster, and applying for a loan doesn’t affect your credit score. The main benefits of this type of financing are ease of access, tolerant credit scores, no collateral needed, customer-friendly repayment terms. Customers use installment loans for a down payment on a bigger purchase, debt consolidation, and, of course, covering unexpected expenses.
A cash advance is a sum of money that you borrow and commit to repaying in one lump on your next paycheck. The loan amount for a payday loan can be up to $1,000. On average, the term for payday loans ranges from two and four weeks. Similar to installment loans, payday loans are possible despite poor credit. A typical payday loan consists of the loan principal, the sum of money you borrow, and fees. Interest rates range from $10 to $30 for every $100 borrowed. If you take a $500 loan at an interest rate of $15, you will pay back $575. State rules and restrictions may apply to the credit limit, interest, and terms.
Can you Get a Short-Term Loan with a Bad Credit Score?
Customers can get short-term loans with a poor and fair credit score. The reason is that the direct lenders offering these loan products are less concerned with your credit score. Instead, they are mainly preoccupied with your ability to repay them on time. That is why they look into your income sources and all current debt to estimate your ability to pay back the amount borrowed plus fees.
A significant difference between traditional financial institutions and direct lenders is the way they check your credit score. A bank and credit union will pull a full credit report from the three main credit bureaus. That’s a hard credit check, and it may affect your score. Traditional lenders would rather grant a loan for fair credit. On the other hand, direct lenders typically use alternative means and do a soft credit check. That doesn’t affect your credit score in any way. Moreover, your FICO score is not a critical factor in establishing your eligibility.
Many lending services advertise short-term loans with no credit check. Be aware that most lenders will still do at least a soft credit check on your payment history before making their decision. It is part of the standard procedure, even when your score doesn’t significantly influence the final approval.
Who Offers Short-Term Loans?
Banks provide personal loans based on your qualification. Loan terms and amounts depend on each financial institution. In some cases, only active customers can borrow money from a particular bank. Their range of products allows for alternatives, depending on purpose and your qualification. With title loans, for instance, you can take a short-term loan by using your vehicle as collateral. An origination fee may apply for processing your request.
Payday lenders enable you to borrow money online or in-store. With minimal requirements and fast application processing, you could receive your funds the next business day. The APR rates on payday loans can be as high as 400%. For that reason, cash advances are only recommended in case of emergencies.
Credit Unions only lend to you if you are an active member. Their terms and conditions are similar to the ones banks have. The interest rates and APR are lower on account of the financial institution being a non-profit organization. In other words, they only work to the benefit of each member. Signing up as a member is usually straightforward. Their customer service provides members with financial advice and tips on managing their funds.
Pawnshops are a last-resort option due to their high-interest rates and fees. You use a valuable object as collateral for the amount you borrow. If you can’t repay your loan on the due date, the lender can sell the object to recoup their money. You will have to negotiate the value of your item and refund the money within a short time frame.
Other Small Loan Amount Options
Credit card – Borrowing against your credit card limit is common. You get the funds deposited into your bank account and repay your debt in fixed payments. Some companies offer a deferred payment period, during which you don’t pay any interest. However, If you have difficulties paying off your loan on time, you risk getting trapped into credit card debt, which is a common scenario. Borrowing from credit cards usually implies high rates.
Personal line of credit – A personal line of credit falls under the category of revolving credit, which you can access repeatedly. Therefore, you can borrow and pay off debts multiple times within a specific period of time. A personal line of credit can work when you prepare for upcoming expenses, but you don’t have an exact estimate, and you don’t want to borrow more than you need. Another case when you may use a line of credit is when you don’t have a stable income and you are not sure you can repay a bigger debt.
Who Can Apply for a Short-Term Loan?
Short-term loans are available for the average American. You need to meet a set of basic requirements to qualify:
- Be at least 18 years of age;
- Hold US citizenship or a permanent resident status;
- Have a source of recurring, verifiable income;
- Present valid identification;
- Own an active bank account (savings or checking account);
- Provide accurate contact details (address, phone number, email address).
Depending on your state, your lender may ask for more information or additional verification. Some lenders have specific income requirements, such as a salary of at least $1,000.
When applying for a financing at a credit union or bank, customers should expect different conditions. For these institutions, a credit score of at least 670 is considered acceptable for small personal loans. An origination fee may apply, depending on the lender.
Steps to Getting the Funding You Need
Getting short-term installment loans online through 1FirstCashAdvance is fast and easy. All credit types are welcome. It takes a few minutes to add your personal details.
- Complete the application. Fill out the loan request form with your details. Apply for the amount and loan term that you find suitable for your case. The loan application process is secured, and your data is confidential. Once you’re done, submit the application.
- Wait for a reply. We share your application with our network of direct lenders. They quickly check your eligibility based on the information provided. Direct lenders do no hard credit checks.
- Get an instant decision. In case of approval, the direct lender will send you a loan offer detailing the terms and conditions, as well as all the fees and APR.
- Receive the funds. In case of approval and after you have signed the loan agreement, the lender will deposit the funds into your checking account. You should have access to your short-term personal loan within one business day.
Why Choose 1FirstCashAdvance for Short-Term Loans?
Applying for an installment personal loan or for a cash advance through our platform has several benefits:
- Fast lending decision. Lenders typically take up to 10 minutes to review one application.
- Bad credit friendly. A potential customer with a poor credit score is more than welcome to apply. The history of their previous payments will not usually prevent them from being approved by a direct lender.
- Easy application. Filling out the form is a matter of minutes. It’s designed only to collect the essential details from customers.
- No collateral. Direct lenders specialize in unsecured loans, so you don’t need any collateral.
- Convenient repayment terms. Would you rather take a cash advance and repay it on your next paycheck or go for longer terms with an installment loan? Choose what works best for you.
- Flexible payment options. You can take a loan that you will repay in one lump sum or one that you will pay off in fixed monthly payments.
- Only reputable direct lenders. All the loan providers we cooperate with are legitimately registered businesses.
- No time wasted looking for lenders. We will connect you with top industry leaders so that you don’t have to look for trustworthy cash providers.
Tips for the Average Customer
Before actually applying for a loan, make sure you are well-informed. Borrow responsibly to avoid potential issues or penalties.
- Don’t borrow more than you can pay back. Before applying for a loan, make some simple calculations to determine whether you can afford one. Determine how much you need, what other debts you have, and whether you will be able to repay the loans, taking into account different rates and the APR.
- Always read the contract, including the fine print. Make sure you understand the loan terms; you know the interest rate, the APR. Ask about all possible penalties in case of delays. Even if you intend to pay your debt on time, life is unpredictable, and it doesn’t hurt to be prepared.
- Repay your loans on time. Paying off your installment loan plus all the fees on time will prove your responsibility as a customer and protect you from additional charges. In some cases, timely payments may improve your credit score. If you are not sure, you can ask your loan provider or customer service whether they report to credit bureaus. Even if they don’t, not paying your debt on time has negative consequences.
- Short-term loans are for emergencies. Even though installment and other loans may be used for more ambitious financial projects, like debt consolidation, keeping payday loans for emergencies is a good strategy. If you need more funds, consider alternative source of financing rather than borrowing frequently.
The best loan is the one that matches your needs. Choose from installment and payday loans depending on the loan amount you need to borrow and the loan terms that work for you. A credit card or line of credit may be more convenient in some situations. There is no universal solution that would fit all applicants.
Complete the loan application on our website. You will typically have a decision in under 20 minutes on typical workdays.
If your application process goes well, you can receive the funds as soon as one business day. It all depends on the loan details, such as the amount and term, and your information.
Check your contract. If there are no prepayment penalties mentioned, you can repay your debt early. If your lender provided you with a line for customer service, feel free to contact them if you still have doubts.