Boulder, CO or Remote (Based in the U.S.)
About the Role
The Senior Editor is a critical role in the publishing process. You are responsible for ensuring that the finished product meets the company’s standards and expectations. It includes providing that the content is ready for publication and has been proofread and edited to ensure high quality.
You’re an excellent fit for this position of Senior Editor if you’re:
- A strong writer and communicator who can write with clarity, simplicity, and authority.
- Capable of editing other people’s work and giving them feedback constructively and helpfully.
- A master of the English language—you know grammar and spelling rules inside-out and how to use them effectively in writing.
- A quick learner who enjoys working on multiple projects at once, with shifting deadlines.
- Manage the editorial process from proposal to final draft, ensuring that all content is relevant and well-written.
- Work with the editor-in-chief to develop editorial strategy, including developing and implementing a content calendar, writing briefs for each piece of content, and assigning articles.
- Make sure that all articles meet company standards.
- Work with communication teams on social media strategies and campaigns related to each article’s topic.
Requirements for Education and Experience
- 5 years of experience as a Senior Editor with a background in the finance and lending industry.
- Bachelor’s and Master’s degree in Communications or related field.
- Proficient knowledge of the latest version of Google Docs, Google Sheets, Microsoft, Grammarly Hemingway, and other editing-related apps.
Direct Supervisor: Senior Manager, Marketing Strategy & Analytics
Job Level: Analyst
A Senior Marketing Analyst role comes with a minimum salary of $42,500. We also offer the ability to get various performance-based bonuses within our total compensation package. Additionally, you can count on a 1-time equity grant based on your work experience.
Job Level: Senior
The minimum wage for this role is $30,500. The total compensation package includes eligibility for performance-based bonuses as well as a 1-time equity grant based on your work experience.
Why work at 1F Cash Advance?
As a Senior Editor at 1F Cash Advance, you’ll be part of a team creating a new kind of financial institution. We’re focused on helping people get the money they need when they need it—and we’re committed to making that process as transparent and user-friendly as possible. You’ll help us achieve this goal by creating informative, engaging content, and easy for our customers to understand and use.
If you need help in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact our HR team at [email protected].